The Things You must Bring before Casting Your Vote
Polls are open! It’s time to head out and cast your vote for the next President of the United States. Before you go, make sure you have these 5 things ready for Election Day.
- Make sure to check the voter registration deadline for your state.
- Remember to bring your ID card or other forms of identification with you.
- Bring a snack! Polling stations often have food options, but it’s not guaranteed that they will be healthy.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You don’t want to be trying on new heels while waiting in line.
- Bring cash to buy snacks from the vending machine if there aren’t any other food options available at the polling station.
Voter Registration Deadline
Voting is an extremely important part of America’s democracy. Make sure you’ve registered as a voter, and if not, make sure to check the deadline for your state. Just as when you are watching out for the latest release of an upcoming game, do so as well with voting deadlines. Your vote counts and it can make a difference.
When you head to the polls, make sure you have your ID card or other forms of identification with you. If you’re voting early and voting at a different location than where you live, make sure to check for voter registration deadlines for that location.
Remember that there are often no early-voting opportunities in your state so make sure to allow enough time for getting back home on the day of the election. Also remember to check in with your local polling station before leaving to ensure they know when and where you’ll be voting.
Snacks to Eat at the Polls
If you’re voting early, make sure to bring snacks to the polling station. This way you can hold off on cooking until after you vote. If there aren’t any food options available at the polling station, bring some cash so you can buy what you want from a vending machine. Remember to wear comfortable shoes because long lines and waiting will make your feet tired! But most importantly, don’t forget your ID card or other forms of identification!